This software is widely popular across the globe and it has been appreciated by the experts of the industry. Moreover, our satisfied users have stated their experience by the way of testimonials and reviews.
Have you ever lost any of your important file from External Hard Drive or accidentally deleted files from the USB drive?
If the answer to the question is Yes then you must try to get it back using best and reliable external drive data recovery software. It is very important that you retrieve your deleted data as soon as possible before its gets overwritten by new data. The first and foremost thing is that you should not get panicked if you have lost your crucial data. Take a deep breath and relax because you can easily recover your deleted or lost data within few minutes of time by using this professional external drive recovery tool.
But before taking the help of any external drive recovery software, you must cross check whether your file has been permanently deleted from your external drive or it gets corrupted. After cross checking, if you are not able to locate your data then you can use external drive data recovery software.
What are the common causes of deletion or loss of files from external drives?
The reasons for deletion or loss of files from external drives depend on the type and nature of the drive. Generally, file loss scenarios of memory card and USB drive are more or less similar whereas scenarios of external hard drive are little bit different. Below mentioned scenarios are related to both Windows and Mac OS
Scenarios related to data loss from memory card and USB drive are:
Human errors: Data can be deleted or lost from memory card and USB drive in the following situations
- Files / folders are deleted using Shift + Delete key combination
- Moving files from one location to another using Cut and Paste command
- Accidentally formatting a memory card or USB drive by clicking on the format option on your system
- Accidentally pressing Delete All / Format option on a digital camera while previewing photos
Interruption during read / write process: If any kind of interruption takes place like the power off, system error, virus attack, synchronization error etc. and the data read/write process get stopped, which leads to the data loss problem from the memory cards or the USB drives.
Corruption of Memory card or USB drive: If your memory card or USB drive gets corrupted due to any issues then your stored data will become inaccessible resulting in data loss. The major causes for corruption of memory card and USB drive are:
- Abruptly pulling out the memory card from the camera or mobile phone or sudden removal of USB drive from your system can lead to corruption
- Sometimes fast capturing of photos on digital camera or mobile phone can also corrupt the memory card. If you plug-in and eject USB drive on a continuous basis then it may get corrupted
- Ignoring the ‘Low Battery’ and ‘Memory Card Full’ indications also causes memory card corruption. Similarly in case of USB drive, if you neglect USB drive I/O error can also corrupt your USB drive
- Power outage while transferring files from memory card or from USB drive to computer can increase the chances of corruption
Scenarios related to data loss from external hard drive are:
Formatting external hard drive: If you have formatted your external hard drive due to
- Virus attack
- Drive not formatted error
- While installing multiple operating systems
Data loss due to bad sectors: Bad sectors on the hard disk is the common reason which stops it's user to access the data stored on the particular hard drive space. Shutting down the the system in improper way, faulty drive or poor quality hardware, malware / spyware are the often faced reasons which are responsible for the creation of bad sectors. Usually, you cannot repair the bad sectors if they have been created due to head crash or other mechanical damages. But, you can easily and successfully recover data from those sectors which is situated next to the bad sector using recovery software.
MBR corruption: Master Boot Record (MBR) helps in booting Windows operating system. Any corruption that takes place to MBR may result in a hard drive crash. When you turn on the system, BIOS loads the MBR in order to boot the Operating System. If the MBR gets corrupted then it prevents the BIOS to boot the Operating System resulting in error messages like “Missing Operating System”. The reasons behind MBR corruption are improper system shut down, viruses etc.
Toshiba Canvio portable hard drive supports storage of data files such as music files, videos, photos and documents on it. Data can be lost due to formatting the drive or because of accidental deletion, thus you can do Toshiba Canvio portable hard disk data recovery using external drive recovery software.
Immediate precautions to be taken after data loss from the external drives?
- Do not use the drive in order to avoid overwriting. Overwriting can lead to permanent deletion of the file
- You need to download the reliable data recovery tool which should be read-only and user-friendly. Before purchasing the full version, you should try the demo version of the software in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the software on the basis of the recovery results
What are the features of this software?
Features related to Windows OS
- Easily recover data from crashed and non-booting external drives such as USB drive, memory card and external hard drive
- External Drive Recovery supports recovery of hard disk data from deleted or inaccessible partitions
- Retrieve files from external HDD after corruption due to file system damage, OS crash, abrupt removal and virus attack
- The Disk Image feature helps you to recover data from HDD having bad sectors
- Recover and restore HDD data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExtFAT formatted partitions / drives
- It retrieve data from Seagate GoFlex external HDD and all other widely used brands of external hard drives like Western Digital, Samsung, Hitachi etc.
- Supports external hard drive data recovery on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
Features related to Mac OS
- Recover data from Mac OS X volumes after the external drive crashes
- Easily recover Maxtor external drive data from volumes that do not mount or fail to mount
- Provides option to view recovered data in a Mac finder styled interface
- This external drive recovery software can also recover Sandisk Cruzer Blade USB drive photos after accidental formatting or reformatting process
- It has Universal Binary application, which supports both Intel and PowerPC Mac platforms
- Competently recover and restore data from HDD, having HFS+, HFSX formatted partitions / volumes
Paid External Drive Recovery Software vs Freeware Recovery software
|Paid external drive data recovery software
||Freeware external drive data recovery software
|Software is free from malware, spyware and other external threats.
||Whereas, most of the freeware software will not give you the assurance of safe recovery.
|This is read-only software which ensures safe and healthy recovery of files without damaging the source file.
||Majority of the freeware softwares are unable to protect the source file resulting in further damage to the file.
|Our software offers the trial version in order to evaluate the performance of the product.
||Freeware softwares do not provide the trial version due to which you cannot evaluate the effectiveness of the software execute the actual recovery process.
|You can avail 24x7 free technical support from our skilled experts regarding the usage of the product
||You cannot avail 24x7 technical support in case of freeware softwares.
Recover Files from Formatted Toshiba External Hard Drive:
If you have to recover any sort of data from formatted Toshiba formatted
external hard drive in pretty much quick time and hassle free manner then you
can use External Drive Recovery software. To know more about this software you
can follow this link: http://www.externaldriverecovery.com/toshiba-external-hard-drive.html
Recover Deleted Files from My Samsung Portable Hard Drive: Have you ever accidetally deleted crucial file and folders from your Samsung portable hard drive? If so, use External Hard Drive Recovery toolkit to undelete deleted files including photo, audio, video, etc from Samsung portable hard drive compatible with latest versions of Windows and Mac operating system. For more detailed information, click here http://www.externaldriverecovery.com/deleted-files-from-samsung-portable-hard-drive.html.
This external drive recovery software is now upgraded to recover deleted data from different external USB drives. Using this application, you can restore all types of deleted data from Maxtor and all other type of external USB hard drive. If you need any help in recover deleted files from Maxtor HDD, use this link: http://www.externaldriverecovery.com/deleted-files-from-maxtor.html
Employ this application to retrieve data from an external hard drive with bad sectors easily. It is empowered with advanced drive scanning algorithm to make it appropriate recovery tool in recovering data from bad sectors of an external hard drive. If you need step by step assistance in external drive bad sectors data recovery, visit this link: www.externaldriverecovery.com/bad-sectors.html
Now, you can use this external drive recovery software to recover entire information from external hard drive after reformatting. Some new features is added in the new version of this application to restore reformatted USB drive of various brands. If you need any help to perform reformatted external drive recovery, click here.
How to recover data from external drive using this external drive recovery software?
- Download and install the demo version of external drive recovery software on your system to which the affected hard drive is connected and launch it by double clicking on the desktop icon
- Select the "Recover Partitions / Drives" option from the main screen. After that click on "Partition Recovery" option in order to recover deleted / lost partition
- Once you are done with it, select the affected drive from which you have lost the data. After selecting it, click on "Next" button
- After this the recovery process will take place. Once the recovery process gets over, you can use the Preview option to view the recovered data
What are the precautionary measures that you should take in order to avoid data loss in future?
- Avoid formatting of external drives in order to protect your valuable data from getting deleted
- Use updated anti-virus program in order to keep your system virus free
- Never perform the copying process if there is a continuous power fluctuation or if your camera has very less battery
- Avoid abrupt removal of memory card and USB drives from card reader / camera or from your system at the time of copying process
- Avoid using cut and paste option in order to move or to relocate the file from one storage device to another