If you are the victim of the above mentioned problem of data loss then you are at the right place to resolve your problem efficiently. If you have lost any of your important data from your external hard disk then you don’t have to get panicked as you can always recover your lost data at any point of time until and unless the lost data doesn’t get overwritten by any new data.
So before the chances of files recovery from external drives get reduced, it is essential that you should use some good third party external drive recovery software. Now you may be wondering what does Good means in this context. Well good here means that you need to select only that recovery software which provides demo version of the software and which gives the assurance of 100% safe and healthy recovery of the data.
So if you are looking for such external hard disk data recovery tool then I would suggest you to try our external hard disk Mac data recovery software. Our software is capable of recovering any type of files which have been lost from external hard disk on Mac OS X. This software can also recover crashed external hard disk files on Mac OS X Operating System. Moreover, our software had received many prestigious awards for its excellent performance.
Possible reasons for data loss from external hard disk on Mac OS X are:
Abruptly ejecting external hard disk from Mac OS X: If you abruptly pull out the external hard disk from your Macintosh system in between the copying process then there are chances that you may lose some of your files. Moreover, abnormal removal of external hard disk from Mac system can also corrupt some of the stored data resulting in inaccessibility of the data in the future.
MBR corruption: Master Boot Record (MBR) helps in booting the Windows operating system. Any corruption that takes place to MBR may result in a hard disk crash. When you turn on the system, BIOS act as a supporting element in loading the MBR in order to boot the Operating System. If the MBR gets corrupted due to any reasons like improper system shutdown, viruses etc. then it prevents the BIOS to boot the Operating System resulting in occurrence of error messages like “Missing Operating System”.
Interruption during read / write process: If any kind of interruption takes place at the time of read / write process then the chances of data loss gets increased. Power surge, virus attack, system error, synchronization error, etc. are some of the interrupting factors which are responsible for creating an interruption during the copying process. Because of this, the copying process gets stop in between resulting in loss of data from external hard disk.
Other possible reasons are:
- Accidental formatting of the disk by pressing format option on Mac OS X system
- Power surge at the time when your files are getting transferred from hard disk to your Mac machine
- Abruptly system shut down during the copying process can also lead to the loss of data from external hard disk
Our software can easily recover all your lost / deleted files that have been erased from external hard disk due to above mentioned file deletion and lost issues. Our software supports all popular versions of Mac OS such as Mac OS X 10.5.x and above (including Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion). In addition to this, it restore files from Seagate GoFlex portable Hard drive and other well-known brands of external hard disks such as Samsung (EcoGreen F4 HD204UI), Western Digital (MyPassport Essential 3.0 SE, Caviar Green WD20EARX, Western Digital Elements Desktop 2.0), Kingston Wi-Drive Portable 32 GB Flash Drive and many more.
- Do not store any new files to the affected disk as it may overwrite the lost data. Try to avoid using the affected disk for storing any other new files as much as possible. Overwriting will reduce the chances of recovery and thus it leads to the permanent deletion of the files.
- Use reliable third party external hard disk recovery software immediately after the data gets lost from your external hard disk.
Why our software is better than other external hard disk data recovery tool?
- It can easily recover any deleted / lost files from various types of external HDD on Mac OS X
- It supports recovery of data from formatted and re-formatted partitions on external hard drives
- It can efficiently recover lost data from both HFS and HFS+ volumes
- It can also perform Formatted Sandisk Cruzer Blade USB flash drive picture recovery.
- Recover data even when the hard drive has crashed or fails to boot
- This software also supports both Intel and PowerPC Mac platforms
- This software efficiently can perform recovery of corrupted external hard disk
Recover data from external hard disk on Mac OS X in just 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Download and Install demo version of the external hard disk software to your Macintosh machine. Select the option "Recover Volumes / Drives" from the main screen
Figure 1 : Welcome Screen
Step 2: Then select the option "Formatted / Re-formatted Recovery"
Figure 2 : Recovery Mode Selection Screen-Shot
Step 3: Then select the volumes / drives from where the data needs to be recovered and then click on "Next" button in order to start the recovery process
Figure 3 : Select Affected Drive
Step 4: Preview the recovered data using the Preview option as soon as the recovery process gets over
Figure 4 : File Previewing Screen-Shot
Future precautionary measures:
- Do not eject external hard disk abruptly in between the copying process. Always use proper ejecting method in order to prevent your valuable data from getting lost
- Use UPS (uninterruptible power supply) source in order to avoid power surge problem
- Fix the hardware failure problem as soon as possible in order to protect your crucial data from getting lost
- Keep a backup copy of all important data before you format your hard disk on Macintosh system